Volunteers provide important services to hospice organizations and the people they serve. Whether it's providing companionship to a person in the final months and weeks of life, offering support to family members and caregivers, or helping with community outreach and fundraising, the contributions of volunteers are essential to the important work provided by our nation's hospice programs.
As a hospice volunteer, you will be given choices as to how much and what types of things you want to do, including interacting with the patients and family or helping with administrative work as well.
*VOLUNTEERS ARE NEVER ASKED TO DO SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT COMFORTABLE DOING
1. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 281-957-9752 to receive an application.
2. Once we send you an application, fill it out and send it back to us by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing it to 832-916-4577.
3. Once we review your application, we will contact you for any additional paperwork and set up an interview
4. After your interview, you will have to go through the appropriate training
5. Once everything is complete, you are a volunteer at Magnolia Hospice Care
All volunteers receive training to ensure they feel comfortable with their tasks. Training programs vary in length and cover many areas.